Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Just a Smile

A couple of weeks ago Greyson and I had an early 8am appointment at the hospital for my preregistration for our upcoming addition to the family. It was a rainy chill day and Greyson was sporting his extremely cute, green frog rain coat and Xtra Tuff boots that he likes to wear even when it's 80 and sunny outside.
Well it was amazing we made it on time Greyson did a great job while I signed my life away.
As we were weaving through the halls of the hospital to find out way out Greyson was making it a point to greet everyone with a wave and a smile. I wasn't paying too much attention to it. I was a little overwhelmed by how different this hospital was than the small Kodiak hospital.
As we approached one lady Greyson gave a big smile and nice greeting. She slowed down and in a cracked, almost crying voice looked right at him and me and said she really needed that smile today.
I almost lost it! I know I'm a bit over emotional being so pregnant and all but it was such a wonderful feeling knowing just a smile can brighten some one's dreary day. I have no idea what this lady was going through, but I do know God has given us incredible smiles to share with each other.
I am so thankful my little two year old reminded me of that!

No comments: