Two years ago I wrote to the Simple Way to see if Shane Claiborne would be interested in speaking to our summer staff up in Kodiak. It was a long shot, but if we don't take the risk of being turned down, it doesn't leave the possibility of someone saying yes either. Well to our great surprise I got an e-mail saying that Shane and his wife would be very interested to traveling to Kodiak. Wow! So this week Shane flew into Kodiak and spend three days with our staff.
When Shane came into our gym set up with all our challenge course equipment, rock wall, gymnastics bars, tumble track and mats he said "I think this is the most interesting place I've ever spoken". Well anyway, we had a great time.
Stephen is also an amazing summer camp director. He keeps those kids in check, but they sure do love him for it. One of the little girls came up to him with their grandma the other day when she was leaving and said, "Mr. Foreman, you're the best looser of anyone here." Stephen has the best attitude when he gets beaten at an activity.
We had a great afternoon with the HUGE ball!
Stephen doing a science experiment during chapel for the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment