Home for the Holidays. I think that half of the joy of going home is anticipating it. Stephen and I have been looking forward to Christmas in Nebraska since January 1, 2007. There is just something unexplainable about being home. We arrived in Omaha and were greeted by our beautiful niece and nephew Makenna and Liam. It was just how I dreamt it would be (it really was). Makenna came running up to me and jumped into my arms and didn't let go. Oh, there's not a much better feeling than that. Stephen and I loved every second of our time with our families. We headed out to my parents farm first. It felt perfect with the pine tree from the pasture and dogs at my feet. F
or the Wellensiek big Christmas we had 6 dogs and I think 24 people. It was the first time it felt like I was out at Grandpa and Grandma Wellensieks farm since they moved.
It was so wonderful to have some time with my sister too. It's crazy to think about just how different things are now and how they will continue to change throughout the years. We use to spend every day all day long together during Christmas break, it makes since looking back now that the Lord was giving us that time because he knew we'd both be called in different directions later. I also had some great time with my cousin Julie. Below is one of my new favorite pictures. The moon was so bright that night we could see our shadows!
Stephen and I did a lot of driving while at home and we really enjoyed the time on the road taking in the landscape.
Nebraska is really one of the most incredible places in the world.
We made it back in time for the Christmas Eve service in Fremont. I sang, Stephen played the trumpet and we were blessed to have Pastor John Dennert (he performed our wedding ceremony) there to give the Christmas devotion. Christmas day the entire Foreman clan got together including our other amazing nephew and niece Lucas and Alexis. It's so fun watching Lucas run around the house. It really reminds me a lot of Stephen. We had great food and priceless fellowship together. Well there's much more that happened and many more pictures to share, but the jet lag is catching up to me and I need to rest my eyes!
No comments:
Post a Comment