Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ice!


I never thought that I would run on ice growing up.  It sounded impossible to me and had someone told me then that I would morning after morning wake before the sun to run for over an hour on ice I would have said they were crazy.  But that is exactly what I do and I've found that waking before the sun is much more difficult than running on ice. 


It started raining about mid week and our snow turned to thick sheets of ice.  Stephen, Bryant and I headed out to see some of the impressive ice that formed on Dead Man's Curve. Throughout most of the year water shoots from wholes in the thick black rock.  It always makes me thick of Moses and I wonder just how much more magnificent it must have been to see water come from that rock.  (Excuse my tangent).  Anyway the water that normally streams from these rocks has turned into ice walls.  Pretty impressive. 


No comments: